Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Campus / Distance learning
Studies on campus
Start of studies
to the winter semester
This course has an accreditation
- First academic degree in marine engineering or a comparable study course at a national or international university
- The overall grade of the certificate confirming this degree must be at least 2.5 for comparable grade systems or a GPA of 3.75/5.0 for non-comparable grade systems
- A relevant professional practice can improve the overall grade in such a way that an improvement by 0.1 is possible for each completed professional year, but not more than 4 years
- If the overall grade is 3.0 or worse, there is no approval in according to the decision of the examination board
The binational German-Indonesian Bachelor Study Programme „Marine Engineering“
The Republic of Indonesia with its capital city Jakarta is the largest island state in the world and has almost 270.000.000 inhabitants. Surabaya, a several centuries old shiptraffic junction in the Southeast Asian area, developed into one of the largest centres for shipping and shipbuilding of Indonesia.
This double degree master programme "Marine Engineering" is a cooperation between Hochschule Wismar/Germany and "Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember" Surabaya/Indonesia. Both universities enjoy a high international reputation and set excellent standards in the field of academic maritime higher education.
The Master's programme combines the strengths of both universities and offers an excellent programme for future leaders in the field of marine engineering.This program consists of 4 semesters taught alternately on both universities locations. The degree content focuses on scientific and research-oriented skills, with regard to marine engineering occupations. Furthermore, graduates acquire action and decision-making skills in the field of economic issues and international business methods. They are able to work independently or leading teams, even international teams and possess a high degree on intercultural competence between the 2 cultures in South-East Asia and Central Europe. They act as interfaces between the bilateral markets in terms of industry, business or science. This qualifies graduates for various occupational fields and is urgently needed in maritime hotspots such as Indonesia, Asia and also worldwide.
By combining the strengths of both, the universities offer an outstanding programme for future executives in the field of Marine Engineering. The master´s programme is focused on the growing demand for maritime engineers in maritime hot spots like Indonesia, Asia and around the world.
The graduates of the study programme "Marine Engineering" receive the degree "Master of Science" (M.Sc.) from Hochschule Wismar as well as the Indonesian degree "Master of Engineering" (M.Eng.) from ITS Surabaya.
Important information at a glance
Who can apply:
This degree course is made for national and international advanced students; who have obtained a Bachelor title in marine engineering or an equivalent qualification. Further information can be found under conditions for admission.
Please send the complete application documents for this degree programme by July 15 for begin of the study in September the same year to the International Office of ITS, use the documents for the application process which you can find here https://www.its.ac.id/international/ . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching language is English. You should have at least 70 points in the internet-based TOEFL test or the equivalent of 5.5 in the IELTS. German language certificate is not required.
- The 1st semester is taught at ITS in presence in Surabaya.
- The 2nd semester is taught at Wismar University of Applied Sciences in Warnemünde.
- The 3rd semester is taught at ITS in presence in Surabaya.
- The 4th semester is reserved for the Master's thesis and can be completed either at ITS or at Wismar University of Applied Sciences.
The programme is subject to tuition fees, ITS charges tuition fees of IDR 25,000,000 per semester, this also applies to the semesters that take place at HSW.